- Designed with safety in mind, the K2500 fixed curtain track prevents service users from removing it and using it inappropriately, making it well-suited for mental health environments.
- Can be face-fixed to a wall or top-fixed within a window recess.
- The K2500 is supplied with two types of patented anti-ligature gliders as standard: K2504 heavy-weight gliders (grey) and K2501 low-weight gliders (white). The standard installation uses a mixture of the two gliders, achieving a 15kg release weight. When the track is fitted using only the K2504 heavy-duty gliders (grey), it can support a load up to 20kg, whereas using only the K2501 low-weight gliders (white) supports a weight up to 10kg.
- The smooth operation of the anti-ligature gliders ensures ease of use and reduces the chance of the curtain being pulled down due to heavy manual handling.
- The load release gliders stay within the track making the curtain easy to re-install if removed. Alternative systems on the market don’t benefit from this, meaning their gliders must be reattached to the track one by one.
- Our design also ensures there is less plastic in the curtain when it is separated from the track, making it safer for high-risk settings.
- Our reduced-ligature curtain track doesn’t provide the service user with any hooks to swallow or use on other tracks. With other tracks, there’s a risk that gliders can be swapped to increase the release weight.
- There are no large gaps between the gliders keeping the appearance of the curtain consistent. No large plastic parts can be removed from the curtain or the track.
- The reduced ligature curtain track is easy to install, wipe-clean and requires little maintenance.
- The premium aluminium track comes as standard in white with rounded end brackets. Pin hex anti-tamper security screws are secured into countersunk fixing holes at 150mm intervals to provide a tight fit to the wall or ceiling. Supplied with 16 anti-ligature gliders per meter for a smooth curtain pull.
*Load release safety tests were conducted with 3mm wide curtain hooks. Curtains are not supplied.
Top fix version available
Option 1 – standard – 15kg load release with the alternating grey and white gliders
Option 2 – low weight – 10kg load release with all white gliders
Option 3 – heavy duty – 20kg load release with all grey gliders
Any RAL colour available to order.
The reduced ligature Kestrel® K2500 safety window curtain track as manufactured by Just Fabrics from powder-coated white aluminium, installed using tamper-proof screws and comes as standard with anti-ligature plastic curtain gliders.
It is an NHS requirement that items suspended on load-release support systems should be maintained and load-tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions on an annual basis. The Kestrel® system’s performance remains constant even after repeated use. It is a requirement, however, to carry out a physical inspection and testing of Kestrel® fittings to identify any possible damage or evidence of tampering and undertake an annual load test.
Sensitive electronic equipment may be damaged by proximity to a magnetic field and should not come within 150mm of the underside of the brackets. Any load-release device, by its nature, may cause damage when operated. Articles suspended from the Kestrel® magnetic anti-ligature system will come down when pulled.
Kestrel® products are designed as standalone products only. Care should be taken when assessing or arranging a room to ensure that Kestrel® products cannot be misused in conjunction with any other item, furniture or fixings in the room. It is the responsibility of the end-user or client to ensure the product is suitable for the environment it is being installed in. Kestrel® products must be fitted by a qualified professional following the manufacturer’s instructions. Failure to do so could jeopardise the product’s effectiveness as an anti-ligature system.
Yewdale Kestrel Datasheets K2500